The RetroReach Manipulator Arm is a stand-alone retrofit manipulator arm that enhances the functionality of a Pronto4 retrofitted mobility platform. Capable of performing high-maintenance operations, delivering payloads or moving small mobile robots closer to a drop-off point, the RetroReach Manipulator Arm has a wide range of applications on a number of vehicles.
A Kawasaki Mule retrofitted with the Pronto4 Agnostic Autonomy System and the RetroReach Manipulator Arm.
- Attaches to a standard hitch receiver on the front or back of the vehicle
- Mobility platform retrofitted with the Pronto4™ Agnostic Autonomy System
- Short-range wireless communications protocol
- Can perform dangerous or EOD missions
RetroReach Manipulator Arm Specifications
- Tele-operation or semi-autonomous operations
- Near zero backlash of all rotary joints
- Lifting capabilities exceeding 250 lbs.
- Precise movement controls and high grip strength
- Wide range of manipulator attachments for collecting and placing samples
- Joint controls grouped for natural, coordinated motion
- Simultaneous coordinated motion of multiple joints
- Application specific with designs pulled from existing references and customer specifications
- Power source is a simple electrical connection
- Individually variable, joystick-controlled speed for each joint yielding precise manipulation of all joints
- Single-sided, quick-change, accessory mounting system
- Scalable arms are available to meet user needs